40 Heather Avenue, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 3JG
- Extended Detached Villa.
- In sought-after Mosshead.
- Overlooks an expansive Park.
- 3 public, 4 Bedrooms, Study.
- Dining Kitchen and Utility.
- Gas ch, Wood burner, Double Glazed
Built in the 1960’s, by W.S. Gordon, and located within the highly regarded Mosshead area – superb local primary school (Mosshead), nearby Bearsden Academy and St Nicholas’s Primary, an extended 4 Bedroomed (could be 5) Detached Villa in fine modern order.
Extended to both rear (family/playroom or 5th bedroom) and most recently (2011) to the side to add a lovely dining room and a utility. The former roof space has also been developed to provide a bedroom and a study, both with standard and Velux windows.
The house is all very smartly presented with modern sanitary ware and a dining sized family kitchen. The double-glazed windows were replaced, by Durashield, within the last 4 years and there is a Baxi combination boiler. Self-closing internal doors, in white, have been installed in a Regency panel style. It sits amidst a level garden which is south facing at the rear, the back garden enclosed and gated to make it secure for kids/ pets.
The outlook to the front directly over the expanses of Heather park is certainly one of its most appealing features.
Hall with under stairs storage; Toilet (wc,whb) with feature high set ‘letter box’ style window; bay windowed Lounge (overlooking park) with wood burning stove set within pitched pine fireplace; Dining Room with window to front and three Velux’s – great light; Family/Playroom that could be used as a fifth bedroom; family sized Dining Kitchen with white New England style units and walk-in Pantry. Appliances include stainless steel five-burner hob, double oven, microwave, warming drawer and cooker hood. There is also a free – standing dishwasher; Utility room with sink, back door, window, and Velux.
Hall; Linen cupboard with the boiler; 3 Bedrooms; modern Shower Room, fully tiled, with an oversized shower enclosure (Triton Combi HP thermostatic shower).
A well-designed staircase, lit by two Velux windows, ascends to a top landing; Bedroom 4, with coombed ceiling, front window, two Velux’s and eaves storage; Study with rear window, two Velux’s and eaves storage. Also coombed ceiling.
The garden is level and to the front has a drive for two medium sized cars, a grass section bordered by shrub beds. A path leads to the front door and to the side, via gate, to rear garden. The rear garden has a slabbed terrace and patio, grass, wood store, garden shed and is all fenced in.
Mosshead has a great primary school and the high performing Bearsden Academy is nearby at Courthill. Bearsden Ski Club is at the top off Stockiemuir Avenue with its two artificial slopes and impressive clubhouse. Also, on Stockiemuir Avenue and to the rear of the properties on Heather Avenue, is a really well stocked Co-op store - a very handy asset to have on your doorstep. Bearsden Cross, the hub of the district, and where most shops/amenities and Bearsden Railway Station is, is but a mile to the South. The park opposite is a great playground for kids and not far away are the expanses of Kilmardinny Loch and its woodland walk.
SAT NAV REF: G61 3JE
165 Milngavie Road
General Remarks and Information
By appointment through Rettie Bearsden,
165 Milngavie Road, Glasgow, Strathclyde, G61 3DY
Telephone 0141 943 3150
Fixtures and Fittings:
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co. A closing date by which offers must be submitted may be fixed later. Please note that interested parties are advised to register their interest with the selling agents in order that they may be advised should a closing date be set. The seller reserves the right to accept any offer at any time.
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.onthemarket.com, www.thelondonoffice.co.uk and www.rightmove.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Rettie Bearsden, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
- They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
- Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. Any rooms with coombed ceilings will be measured at floor level and the text will reflect the nature of the ceilings. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.