27 Finglen Gardens, Milngavie, Glasgow, G62 7RW
- Extended three bedroomed Semi-Detached Villa.
- Creates Living Room, Utility and Shower Room.
- Very smartly presented, gorgeous Ash flooring.
- All double glazed (PVCu units), gas central heating, single garage.
- Nice garden, end of cul-de-sac.
- Clober Primary and Douglas academy catchment.
Located within original Mains Estate and with a super position at the end of Finglen Gardens cul-de-sac, beside Mains Park, is this extended semi-detached house, by John Laurence, from the 1970’s. The extension is to the side and now provides a good-sized living room as well as a utility room and shower room.
As clients will see from our photographs, the property is in very good order with a contemporary white decorative pallet used throughout, enhanced by solid Ash flooring downstairs (not shower room or porch) and self-coloured carpets to the bedrooms and stair. Internal doors have been replaced downstairs with modern sets, in white, in cottage design and refurbished in Regency panel style upstairs.
The house is double glazed with white PVCu frames and there is gas central heating with a renewed (2017) Worcester Greenstar 30i ErP condensing boiler. The kitchen and the shower room were both also replaced in 2017.
The extension has created a useful attic eaves storage area (with Velux window, power, and light) on the first floor – really good and accessible storage.
Clearly a great family home, it may also appeal to couples, its position at the end of the cul-de-sac and by the park being a create asset.
Double glazed Entrance Porch with windows on three sides; Hall with store; open-plan Lounge/Dining Room running the depth of the house; open-plan Kitchen to the Lounge/Dining Room, by Howdens, in a Shaker design (cream-coloured units) with two sections of worktop, including the main peninsular unit, topped in solid Ash. Elsewhere, a grey marble effect laminate is used. Appliances include – four burner gas hob, oven, cooker hood; Utility Room with plumbing and space for washing machine and tumble dryer and an additional space that would take a slimline dishwasher; Shower Room with white suite including corner shower enclosure with a thermostatic shower (both Deluge and hand showerheads). Heated chrome towel radiator; the Family Room – a really good sized extra public room to augment the Lounge/Dining Room which could be utilised as bedroom 4 if required.
Staircase to first floor Hallway which has access door to the floored eaves storage area, detailed above. Hatch to main roof attic (loft ladder, insulated, centrally floored, skylight window); three Bedrooms – two Doubles, one Single; Bathroom with white suite and a Mira Sport electric shower set over bath.
The front is fenced on two sides and with plants/shrubs to the third. A front gate opens to a central pathway that leads to the front door. To the front there is a level area of grass and a large pebble bed with cherry blossom that would take pots and troughs. The side garden has a pathway and gate and here a mature conifer hedge runs down the side of the property and the rear garden. The rear garden is enclosed on two sides by fencing and by the aforementioned hedge to the south side. There is a sun patio area and a wide concrete rear pathway. There is a section of grass and to the side of this a monobloc pathway leading to the rear gate. At the foot of the garden there is an old garden shed and, accessed off the Finglen Gardens cul-de-sac, the property’s detached single garage. To the side of this the house has a very useful three car wide parking drive which is monobloc.
The original Mains Estate is on the westerly side of Milngavie and just over 1 mile from Milngavie’s pedestrianised Village Centre. The local Primary School is Clober with Secondary provision at the highly regarded Douglas Academy, one of the top performing State Schools in Scotland. Adjacent to the house is Mains Park with its children’s play area and nearby are some lovely walks including through Allander Park and beyond this to Drumclog Moor and then Mugdock Country Park. Beside Drumclog Moor is the Allander and Craigmaddie Reservoirs – another great area for a walk or a jog. Milngavie Village Centre has a great selection of shops and services, and it has a Railway Station with four trains an hour into Glasgow’s West End and City Centre.
SAT NAV REF: G62 7RW
165 Milngavie Road
General Remarks and Information
By appointment through Rettie Bearsden,
165 Milngavie Road, Glasgow, Strathclyde, G61 3DY
Telephone 0141 943 3150
Fixtures and Fittings:
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co. A closing date by which offers must be submitted may be fixed later. Please note that interested parties are advised to register their interest with the selling agents in order that they may be advised should a closing date be set. The seller reserves the right to accept any offer at any time.
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.onthemarket.com, www.thelondonoffice.co.uk and www.rightmove.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Rettie Bearsden, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
- They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
- Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. Any rooms with coombed ceilings will be measured at floor level and the text will reflect the nature of the ceilings. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.