60 North Grange Road, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 3AF
- Impressive four bedroomed detached family villa
- Highly adaptable seven apartment layout
- Addition of self-contained, one bedroomed flat – multitude of uses
- Constructed post war by John Russell
- Located in Bearsden’s highly popular Gartconnell district
- Most amazing south facing garden – views across Clyde valley
- Summer house implemented in 2021
- Generous cellar/basement space and attached garage – great storage
- Gas central heating and PVCu double glazing
Set towards the end of cul-de-sac section of North Grange Road, this prime example of a Russell constructed ‘Argyle’ villa is presented to market in excellent condition and has been augmented, over time, via the construction of a self-contained ‘granny’ annexe. The property is the very definition of versatile and whilst the seven principal apartments of the main house are currently set up in a ‘four bed/three public’ format, this could, of course, be altered in accordance with the needs of any incoming purchasing party. An unassuming home from its front elevation and one that would perfectly meet the needs of any growing or established family. Early first-hand inspection is encouraged.
The property is positioned upon a particularly large plot, where the substantial, fully enclosed and well-established rear garden (south facing and with large timber sun-deck) will surely prove a decisive factor. Expansive, panoramic views across the surrounding district and across the Clyde Valley are to be enjoyed from inside the main house. Simply stunning.
Over the course of their custodianship, our clients have employed a meticulous approach to home maintenance and improvement where required – inspection of the surveyor’s Home Report will confirm this. A brand new roof, (contemporary PVCu double glazed windows throughout, Hive heating systems in both the main house and flat, and photo voltaic panelling (feed in tariff current generates circa £1,300 per annum) are just a few highlights of the material condition of the property. In recent times, the bathrooms and kitchen have been replaced, with Karndean flooring throughout much of the ground floor.
Our suite of HD images, 360° immersive tour, HD video and floorplan will allow for thorough desktop appraisal of the property, with a summary of the accommodation to be found as follows:-
Summary of Accommodation
- Entrance vestibule through to reception hallway
- Lounge/family room
- Formal dining room
- Contemporary fitted kitchen (Neff appliances)
- Four bedrooms – three doubles and a single room
- Sitting room
- Three-piece family bathroom and separate shower room
- Dedicated utility/boiler room with access to basement/cellar storage
The adjoining flat (main door access via path to side of main house) features a hallway, lounge, double bedroom, fitted kitchen and shower room.
The house is located within the desirable Gartconnell district where the school catchment is for Bearsden Primary (some residents have placements at Mosshead Primary) and for Bearsden Academy. Nearby is the beauty spot of Kilmardinny Loch and its surrounding walk and woodland. Bearsden Cross, the heart of Bearsden, is less than a mile to the south, and easily accessible, and where you will find a good selection of quality independent retailers, as well as a Marks & Spencer’s (foodhall). Here you will also find a number of coffee shops/cafes and restaurants. Just south of The Cross is Bearsden Railway Station where four trains an hour takes you into Glasgow’s West End and City Centre. One service terminates at Edinburgh, Waverley.
SAT NAV REF: G61 3AF
165 Milngavie Road
General Remarks and Information
By appointment through Rettie Bearsden,
165 Milngavie Road, Glasgow, Strathclyde, G61 3DY
Telephone 0141 943 3150
Council Tax Band – G
Fixtures and Fittings:
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co. A closing date by which offers must be submitted may be fixed later. Please note that interested parties are advised to register their interest with the selling agents in order that they may be advised should a closing date be set. The seller reserves the right to accept any offer at any time.
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.onthemarket.com, www.thelondonoffice.co.uk and www.rightmove.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Rettie Bearsden, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
- They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
- Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. Any rooms with coombed ceilings will be measured at floor level and the text will reflect the nature of the ceilings. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.