9 Bailie Drive, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 3AL
· Pre-war Detached Villa.
· Prime position in the Mosshead estate.
· Overlooks a park.
· Nearby Bearsden Academy, Ski Club, Mosshead Primary.
· Six main apartments (can be 3 or 4 bed).
· Gas central heating, double glazing, Garage (electric door).
Mosshead remains one of Bearsden’s most sought-after areas in which to live – particularly so with family buyers given the estates excellent Mosshead Primary and the proximity to Bearsden Academy and St Nicholas’ Primary.
The house is one of the original homes built in the estate, by WS Gordon, and it has a great location on the northerly end of Bailie Drive where there are no properties opposite, only an outlook over the expanse of parkland that runs parallel to the drive. The original house has been extended to the rear corner (see floorplan) to create a family room (playroom) or 4th bedroom if required. A feature of this house style is the large hall with its gorgeous wood panelling, which continues as dado panelling up the staircase. The house is double glazed (PVCu units in white) and there is gas central heating with a Viessmann Vitodens 100 boiler, located in a rather useful cellar space. To the side of the house, at end of a monobloc drive, is a single garage with a Hormann remote controlled electric garage door.
This is a fine family home with a good size, broad width, garden benefitting from its position opposite the park. A much-loved family home it has been well cared for, but there is clear scope, as evidenced by the photography, for clients to modernise and decorate to their own taste, spec and budget. This is price reflected and should engage those seeking an opportunity, if so required, to stamp their own mark upon a home.
Entrance Vestibule with double glazed storm door and with original glazed panel door to the hall; Reception Hall with lovely wood panelling and understairs store with window; bay-windowed Lounge (living flame gas fire)with inglenook fireplace; Living /Dining Room, again with inglenook fireplace with living flame gas fire; Kitchen with oak units; the Family Room (Playroom) or 4th Bedroom extension; bay-windowed main Bedroom; Bedroom 3 (single) with original tiled corner fireplace; Bathroom with fitted furniture and electric shower set over bath.
Return flight stair ascends past a ¾ landing, with window to front, to upper hall which has two very useful attic/eaves storage areas, one lined and with Velux window; Bedroom 2 – double with broad dormer window providing fine view, taking in the distant Campsie Fells hill range. Wardrobe and eaves store cupboard; Bathroom with 4 -piece suite - wc, whb, bath and oversized shower enclosure (with thermostatic shower).
Mosshead has its great primary school, and is neighbour to, in Courthill, Bearsden Academy and St Nicholas’ Primary. On Stockiemuir Avenue is a very well stocked modern Co-Op. There are parks at Heather Avenue and at the bottom of Stockiemuir Avenue, beyond which is the beauty spot of Kilmardinny Loch. Bearsden Cross, with its excellent amenities, shops and railway station is just over one mile to the south.
SAT NAV REF: G61 3AL
165 Milngavie Road
General Remarks and Information
By appointment through Rettie Bearsden,
165 Milngavie Road, Glasgow, Strathclyde, G61 3DY
Telephone 0141 943 3150
Fixtures and Fittings:
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co. A closing date by which offers must be submitted may be fixed later. Please note that interested parties are advised to register their interest with the selling agents in order that they may be advised should a closing date be set. The seller reserves the right to accept any offer at any time.
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.onthemarket.com, www.thelondonoffice.co.uk and www.rightmove.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Rettie Bearsden, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
- They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
- Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. Any rooms with coombed ceilings will be measured at floor level and the text will reflect the nature of the ceilings. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.