36 Newton Road, Lenzie, Glasgow , G66 5LS
Enjoying a peaceful situation in a quiet residential street, this delightful three bedroomed chalet style villa offers an adaptable internal layout, with a garage and landscaped rear garden providing further appeal. As a result of its position, the property features attractive views to the front and backs onto open green space to the rear, whilst its placing towards the end of a cul-de-sac and proximity to excellent local schooling makes this a great home for families.
The property, whilst requiring some decorative refurbishment, has been very well kept over the years (as reflected by the Home Report), with any incoming purchaser afforded the opportunity to implement their own themes and ideas whilst acquiring a property that is very much ‘ready to go’. Notably, a high quality, contemporary tiled bathroom has been fitted in recent years. The property features gas central heating which operates from a contemporary combination boiler, whilst double glazing can be found throughout.
In all, the internal accommodation can best be summarised as:-
- Entrance hall with staircase to first floor and good-sized storage cupboard.
- Large open plan lounge/dining area with attractive ‘through and through’ aspect.
- Fitted kitchen with courtesy door out to the rear garden.
- Tiled family bathroom with three-piece suite in white and over bath shower.
- Storage cupboard on upper landing.
- Three double bedrooms, of which the master and bedroom two benefit from integrated storage wardrobes.
Outside, the attractive rear garden has been laid to a an aesthetically pleasing and highly practical mix of lawn and stone paviours, whilst a border of established hedging provides a real sense of privacy and security. From the rear, there is a courtesy door into the attached garage, whilst to the front, there is a driveway laid to stone chips and paviours.
The property is very well placed for accessing the centre of Lenzie, whether via Crosshill Road or Boghead Road, with the property falling within catchment for the excellent facilities of Millersneuk Primary, Lenzie Academy, and St Ninian’s High. Lenzie is one of Glasgow’s most desired suburbs with great connections into the City Centre, Falkirk, Stirling and The North via the road network and, indeed, the motorway network. It has a golf course and, importantly, a railway station. Close by are the centres of Bishopbriggs and Kirkintilloch where many further shops, amenities and leisure pursuits can be found. Two nearby retail parks, Strathkelvin at Bishopbriggs (Including a Marks and Spencer, Boots, and B&Q) and Robroytson Retail Park, offer a further good selection of shops and outlets.
From Glasgow, take the M8 Eastbound and then onto the M80 Northbound, exiting as signposted for Kirkintilloch and the A806. On reaching the small roundabout, proceed straight ahead and take the first exit on the roundabout onto Lindsaybeg Road (B819). From here, continue along through a further mini roundabout, taking an eventual left turn onto Orchard Brae. Take a right turn onto Laxton Drive followed by an immediate left onto Newton Road, where No.36 can be found further along on the lefthandside.
General Remarks and Information
By appointment through Rettie Kirkintilloch,
4 Townhead, Kirkintilloch, Glasgow, G66 1NL
Telephone 0141 739 8777
Fixtures and Fittings:
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co. A closing date by which offers must be submitted may be fixed later. Please note that interested parties are advised to register their interest with the selling agents in order that they may be advised should a closing date be set. The seller reserves the right to accept any offer at any time.
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.onthemarket.com, www.thelondonoffice.co.uk and www.rightmove.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Rettie Kirkintilloch, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
- They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
- Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. Any rooms with coombed ceilings will be measured at floor level and the text will reflect the nature of the ceilings. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.