The Farmhouse Tombrake Farm Steading, Balfron, Glasgow, G63 0QR
· Highly impressive, five bedroomed stone Detached House.
· Part of Steading Development (circa 2009).
· Traditional façade, modern interior, and specification.
· On outskirts of village. Great views.
· Bathroom, three en-suites and WC.
· LPG central heating, double glazed, alarm, large garage.
Tombrake Farm Steading was developed, approximately 13 years ago, into seven quality homes, the Farmhouse being the only Detached House. It is located on the northerly fringe of the village, past Balfron Golf Course, and it affords stunning views over immediate and distant countryside taking in the Fintry Hills and westerly towards the horizon of the Kilpatricks and the Munro summits that surround Loch Lomond. Since the original seven units were created, two further detached houses have been built, by private commission, all accessed via impressive entrance gates in a fine stone wall making ‘Tombrake’ a rather charming clachan of homes, and place to live.
The Farmhouse is a fine Scots red sandstone Detached Villa of a generous scale, set under a handsome slate roof. All has been renewed, at the time of refurbishment, to afford contemporary living and all the ease that this provides, within the exterior character of the original building. It is a fine family home (Balfron noted for its School Campus) that provides, if needed, five bedrooms, three of which have en-suite shower rooms.
As clients will see from our imagery, and the floor plan, the property has a good array of rooms including a formal, open plan, lounge, and dining room along with a more informal family living room adjacent to a large kitchen with centre island. Windows are double glazed, as are external doors, with timber frames and there is a gas central heating system with a Vaillant Combination Boiler operating via radiators (chrome radiators featured in the en-suites, bathroom, and WC), fed by Tombrake’s LPG (liquid propane gas) communal tank. Sanitaryware is all white and all showers are thermostatic. The kitchen has a compliment of integrated kitchen appliances, and the house is alarmed. Outside s a large, almost full double, detached garage with power, light and a remote-controlled garage door. Drainage is private -we believe to a communal bio-disc system.
The property’s garden lies mainly to grass and features handsome original stone boundary walls. Pathways and patios are stone slabbed and there is a gravel drive and parking area. The rear garden is gated, for children, and can be accessed directly from the French doors in the living room. Our clients have loved living here and it is only a job relocation prompting the move.
Entrance Porch/Boot Room; Hall; WC; Lounge with French door, window and a grand fireplace with Aga woodboring stove inset; Dining Room, open plan to the lounge; Living Room with double aspect including French door to the rear garden; Kitchen, also with double aspect – Shaker style – centre island, oak worktops and upstands and with appliances including gas hob, oven, microwave, filter cooker hood, dishwasher and an American style fridge freezer; Bedroom 1 (Guest Bedroom) – a large double with triple aspect including a set of French doors; En-suite Shower Room.
A staircase, with oak handrail, ascends to a feature first floor Hall with gallery arrangement featuring the recently fitted balustrade finished in glass with oak handrails and newel posts. This is brightly lit by two Velux windows set into the roof pitch and there is the feature of an exposed stone wall; two further ‘Suite Bedrooms’ (Bedrooms 2 and 3), both with en-suite Shower Rooms and wardrobe provision; two further Double Bedrooms (Bedroom 5 with two fitted wardrobes); four-piece family Bathroom to service Bedrooms 4 and 5.
Balfron is a lovely south Stirlingshire village surrounded by beautiful countryside, just to the east of The Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park. Despite the delights of its rural surrounds, the village is only 18 miles from Glasgow City Centre and some 19 miles from Stirling. The village is well catered for with a brilliant School Campus (Primary and Secondary) including, and open to the village residents, a Swimming Pool. Shops include a Butchers, Bakers, Ironmongers, and a large village Co-op. There is also Doyle’s Café, a Village Pub with Indian Restaurant, and a Chip Shop. GP Health Practice. 18-Hole Golf Course. There are lovely walks nearby including along the River Endrick. Balfron is the birthplace of Scotland’s famous architect Alexander ‘Greek’ Thomson.
SAT NAV REF: G63 0QR
165 Milngavie Road
General Remarks and Information
By appointment through Rettie Bearsden,
165 Milngavie Road, Glasgow, Strathclyde, G61 3DY
Telephone 0141 943 3150
Fixtures and Fittings:
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co. A closing date by which offers must be submitted may be fixed later. Please note that interested parties are advised to register their interest with the selling agents in order that they may be advised should a closing date be set. The seller reserves the right to accept any offer at any time.
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.onthemarket.com, www.thelondonoffice.co.uk and www.rightmove.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Rettie Bearsden, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
- They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
- Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. Any rooms with coombed ceilings will be measured at floor level and the text will reflect the nature of the ceilings. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.