54 Killermont Road, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 2JE
- Traditional pre-war bungalow set upon a generous garden plot with southerly aspects
- Four principal apartments plus generous attic room, kitchen, bathroom, and conservatory addition
- Potential for further extension subject to necessary planning permissions/building warrants
- Great opportunity to redecorate according to taste
- Well maintained – PVCu double glazing, Worcester Bosch boiler (2017)
- Detached garage fitted for power
- Off street driveway parking
- Useful basement space (restricted head height) with two distinct areas
- Stunning, enclosed rear garden – beautifully set out with areas of lawn, flower beds, stone chips and patio
- Excellent local schooling
Sure to attract interest from a wide and varied audience, this quite charming traditional bungalow enjoys a highly desirable position in the heart of Bearsden’s enduringly popular Killermont district. The property has been under the same ownership for just over thirty years and has been lovingly maintained and improved over said duration. That said, exciting opportunity is to be found for both those who would wish to remodel/extend according to taste (subject to necessary planning permissions/building warrants) or indeed the purchaser who would simply look to impose their own decorative themes and ideas upon a property with abundant inherent value.
Regarding the internal accommodation, the subjects are best summarised as:- Entrance vestibule to welcoming ‘L’ shaped reception hallway, bay windowed lounge with feature fireplace, tiled three-piece bathroom, dining room, kitchen with plentiful storage space and a selection of integrated appliances, conservatory with dual courtesy door access to rear garden. The ground floor hosts very well-proportioned double bedrooms, both with plenty room of room for free standing storage, with bedroom two providing fixed stair access to a spacious attic room – a space nicely highlighted by a Velux window and perfect for a multitude of uses including additional bedroom accommodation, gym, or home office.
Externally, a hard landscaped front garden offers points of interest via borders stocked with a variety of seasonal foliage and mature hedging. The rear garden really is a delight (best highlighted by an in season image in the digital gallery) and is equally well suited for child’ play, those with green fingers, and al fresco dining. Given the scale of this space and the topography of the land surrounding it, the sun can be enjoyed throughout the course of the day in a variety of private settings. It should be noted to those who would look to extend the property that significant augmentations could be carried out to the property without being to significant detriment of the rear garden.
At Kessington is a large Asda and a Sainsbury’s convenience store but close by, on Rannoch Drive, is the much loved “Murdo’s” general store. The nearest railway station is at Hillfoot where four trains an hour connect to the West End and City Centre, including a service to Edinburgh Waverely. King George V park is a superb space for children to play to have on your doorstep. Highly regarded local schooling can be found nearby at Killermont Primary and Boclair Academy, an institution which is to receive an investment of £30,000,000 to erect a new building on the current site.
SAT NAV REF: G61 2JE
165 Milngavie Road
General Remarks and Information
By appointment through Rettie Bearsden,
165 Milngavie Road, Glasgow, Strathclyde, G61 3DY
Telephone 0141 943 3150
Fixtures and Fittings:
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co. A closing date by which offers must be submitted may be fixed later. Please note that interested parties are advised to register their interest with the selling agents in order that they may be advised should a closing date be set. The seller reserves the right to accept any offer at any time.
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.onthemarket.com, www.thelondonoffice.co.uk and www.rightmove.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Rettie Bearsden, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
- They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
- Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. Any rooms with coombed ceilings will be measured at floor level and the text will reflect the nature of the ceilings. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.