19 Glendaruel Avenue, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 2PP
- Semi-Detached House, three bedrooms.
- Re-fitted dining kitchen (2016).
- Lounge with contemporary fireplace.
- Bathroom and WC.
- PVCu double glazed and gas central heating (new, 2019, boiler).
- Garage and landscaped garden.
A three bedroomed Semi-Detached House, built by John Lawrence in the 1970s. Located in the Boclair district, it is roughly equidistant from the excellent Killermont Primary School and Boclair Academy, the latter where new £40m+ school premises are under construction.
Our clients have owned the house since 2014 and in that time have improved the subjects, and the garden, greatly. As clients will see from the photographs and video, the property is immaculately presented and very well appointed. It is a home you can ‘just walk into’.
The original configuration of rooms has been slightly altered to provide a much more useable dining kitchen and a separate formal lounge. The dining kitchen was refitted in 2016, includes a large central peninsular unit with breakfast bar, and the lounge features a contemporary ‘wall recessed’ pebble effect living flame gas fire (by Gazco, remote controlled). Very cleverly, a WC compartment has been created, off the entrance hall, to compliment the main bathroom upstairs.
The house has mains gas central heating, only in 2019 was the boiler renewed (Worcester Greenstar 25i ErP Condensing combi boiler). Windows and external doors are double glazed and in white PVCu, the rooflines also replaced in white PVCu. In 2021 the garden was made over, and a new tarmacadam drive laid. The exterior of the house was repainted also that year. The single garage has a new garage roof (2021), the garage door replaced in 2018.
Decoratively, the house is cool and calm, mainly a white palette, with floor coverings offering stained wood downstairs and elsewhere quality carpets (stair, Bedrooms 1 and 2), laminate (upper hall and Bedroom 3), vinyl (bathroom). Low voltage lighting has been used to good effect in the hall, dining kitchen, bathroom and WC.
Good sized Hall with a double-glazed front door with matching side screens. The hall has two understair storage cupboards (one used to house a tumble dryer); WC – featuring a cleverly designed ‘combination’ WC and Cloaks wash hand basin; Lounge with a large ‘picture’ window to the front and the gas fire; Dining Kitchen – white high gloss units, black tops and sink and with appliances including halogen hob, oven, designer ‘lampshade’ filter cooker hood, glass fronted wine fridge, concealed dishwasher and washing machine. The dining area has a picture window looking over the rear garden and the main kitchen area features a set of patio doors.
Staircase to first floor hall – two storage cupboards here and a loft hatch, with loft ladder, to an insulated attic (light installed, part boarded); three Bedrooms (two double with wardrobe provision, one single used as a Home Office); Bathroom with cast iron bath over which is a very modern digitally controlled Mira thermostatic shower operating a large ceiling fixed ‘Deluge’ showerhead. Chrome towel radiator.
Privet hedges to front and side, section of grass and tarmacadam drive. At the side of the house the driveway continues and here a fence with gate has been erected to secure the rear garden. At the side there are external power sockets and a water tap. The rear garden is bigger and has three sections of grass, a central gravel pathway, a small patio to the rear of the garage and a larger timber sun deck that runs across the rear of the house (double external power socket here). NOTE: Our clients, by separate negotiation, may sell the hot tub here.
Garage - a detached single garage.
The property is located within the Boclair district next to both Kessington and Killermont and as detailed earlier falls within the catchment for the excellent Killermont Primary and for Boclair Academy School. There is a local General Store on Rannoch Drive (Kessington), but more major facilities can be found on Milngavie Road (Sainsbury’s Convenience Store and a large Asda) or at Bearsden Cross (just over 1 mile to the west). The nearest Railway Station can be found at Hillfoot where there are currently two trains per hour into Glasgow’s West End and City Centre, with four at peak times. Bearsden has long been one of Glasgow’s most sought after residential districts, in no small part due to its schooling but also its excellent transport links and road connections to the city. Just beyond Bearsden and its immediate neighbour, Milngavie, is some wonderful countryside including The Campsie Fells, Mugdock Country Park and a little further on, the magnificence of The Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park.
A very smart home indeed in a great location.
SAT NAV REF: G61 2PP
165 Milngavie Road
General Remarks and Information
By appointment through Rettie Bearsden,
165 Milngavie Road, Glasgow, Strathclyde, G61 3DY
Telephone 0141 943 3150
Fixtures and Fittings:
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co. A closing date by which offers must be submitted may be fixed later. Please note that interested parties are advised to register their interest with the selling agents in order that they may be advised should a closing date be set. The seller reserves the right to accept any offer at any time.
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.onthemarket.com, www.thelondonoffice.co.uk and www.rightmove.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Rettie Bearsden, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
- They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
- Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. Any rooms with coombed ceilings will be measured at floor level and the text will reflect the nature of the ceilings. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.