62 Fernlea, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 1NB
- Sizeable five bedroomed Detached House.
- Three public rooms, two en-suites, bathroom, WC.
- Dining kitchen, utility room, double garage.
- Gas central heating, PVCu double glazed.
- Cul-de-sac setting, pleasant outlook to trees.
- A great family home.
Built by Persimmon Homes, the properties in Fernlea are excellent family houses and with this five bedroomed, Detached House, you have the largest model they built, The Harris. An impressively proportioned house, it is cleverly designed, to take advantage of the garden’s topography, to provide accommodation over, essentially, three levels including a number of appealing spaces - the large lounge, a particularly generous principal bedroom with en suite and another bedroom (Bedroom 2) which also has an en-suite, a very smart renewed (2020) kitchen (larger than before as a result of a remodelling by our clients), the creation of a utility room and, sensibly, a family room set away from the main lounge and dining room to give some ‘detachment’ for all those all family/kid activities. Clients will see this considered configuration from the floor plan included herein.
Clients will also note, from our imagery and video, that the subjects are well presented and very well equipped – the kitchen is now much bigger, integrating what had been a previous utility room (the new utility room now situated on the entry level floor), and is very contemporary in design and includes a range of appliances. The large en-suite to the principal bedroom was only renewed in 2021 and is superbly executed. Sanitaryware in the bathroom, WC and in the en-suite to Bedroom 2 is the original spec. Windows are all in white PVCu, the house is heated by mains gas central heating and the house is alarmed. Very conveniently, the integral double garage has a pass door from/to the entrance hall.
Decoratively, a calm palette is employed, and floor coverings offer oak, tile, Karndean, carpet and vinyl.
Entrance Portico; Hall with renewed front door set, and with the pass door into the double garage; Utility Room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
Hall; sizeable Lounge with two large windows (opening to a decorative ‘Paris Balcony’) to the front with an outlook to a woodland opposite. There is a fireplace at the focal point of the room with a living flame coal effect gas fire; Dining room with patio doors to the rear garden; Kitchen – white high gloss units with contrasting low profile solid composite worktop into which is set a black sink. Appliances include – induction hob, oven, microwave, cooker hood (in addition to which our clients have installed an externally vented ceiling extractor fan), free standing American style fridge freezer and, potentially available by negotiation, a tall glass fronted wine fridge. Very usefully there is a shelved larder cupboard; Bedroom 2 – good sized double with wardrobe provision; en-suite Shower Room to Bedroom 2 with three-piece suite, the shower enclosure having an electric shower.
Hall with loft ladder to an insulated and floored attic for storage; Bedroom 1 – a particularly generous main bedroom with both ‘His & Her’ wardrobes; a superb en-suite Shower Room fitted in a very contemporary style including an oversized shower area with a powerful thermostatic shower featuring both deluge and hand showerheads. The wash hand basin is part of a ‘floating’ vanity unit. Above the vanity unit is a circular mirror with ‘halo’ light. All this complimented by anthracite coloured toilet cabinet, fitments and towel radiator; three further Bedrooms (two double, one single used as a Home Office), three with wardrobe provision; Bathroom – a four-piece suite including a shower enclosure with electric shower.
To the front there is a monobloc drive, double width, which would take off street parking for four cars. To either side of the drive there are sections of grass planted with some shrubs. A pathway provides access to the westerly side of the house via a gate to the rear garden. This rear garden is not overly generous but perfectly adequate for a family and enjoys a southerly aspect to capture the sun. It has level access directly from the dining room and kitchen patio doors and includes a slabbed sun patio and pathway, and an area of level garden laid to grass. Beyond this is a shrubbery bank, well planted. This leads up to a rear perimeter fence which backs on to the trees/grounds at Canniesburn, the former hospital site. The east and west boundaries are defined by timber garden fencing.
Fernlea is a cul-de-sac and situated off Canniesburn Road and is to the west of Canniesburn Toll. It has a pleasant, and quiet, outlook to the wooded copse opposite and is well placed for accessing the local amenities of the area. For those with children, school catchment is for the highly regarded Westerton Primary and for Boclair Academy, where new £40m school premises are currently under construction. Also, within Bearsden, on Duntocher Road, is St Nicholas’s Primary and on Ledcameroch Road the Junior School for the private High School of Glasgow. Bearsden Cross is about a mile to the north and here you will find an excellent selection of independent stores and a Marks & Spencer Foodhall. There are Restaurants and Cafes, a Bank and a Post Office. Railway Stations can be found either at Westerton or at Bearsden, both of which, particularly the former, provide very regular links into Glasgow’s West End and City Centre including a service through to Edinburgh.
SAT NAV REF: G61 1NB
165 Milngavie Road
General Remarks and Information
By appointment through Rettie Bearsden,
165 Milngavie Road, Glasgow, Strathclyde, G61 3DY
Telephone 0141 943 3150
Fixtures and Fittings:
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co. A closing date by which offers must be submitted may be fixed later. Please note that interested parties are advised to register their interest with the selling agents in order that they may be advised should a closing date be set. The seller reserves the right to accept any offer at any time.
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.onthemarket.com, www.thelondonoffice.co.uk and www.rightmove.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Rettie Bearsden, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
- They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
- Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. Any rooms with coombed ceilings will be measured at floor level and the text will reflect the nature of the ceilings. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.