Foresthill House Lochard Road, Aberfoyle, Stirling, FK8 3SZ
- Stunning traditional villa in immaculate semi-rural setting
- Dating from 1886
- Changed hands only twice on open market
- Conveniently positioned close by Aberfoyle village
- Extensive garden grounds measuring just over ¾ of an acre
- Exceedingly comfortable internal accommodation
- Beautifully kept period detail
- Nine principal apartments (plus dining kitchen/study)
- Floor area of approx. 3,333 ft²
A truly enchanting stone-built villa of considerable proportion, Forest Hill House is set upon an extensive garden plot of just over ¾ of an acre and is situated just west of Aberfoyle village centre, on Lochard Road. Having changed hands just twice since its construction in the late 1800’s, this really is a very rare opportunity to acquire a home that exudes abundant period charm. With only its original coach house attached to rear, the setting/positioning of the property affords a real sense of space and privacy, with an undeniable connection to the forestland/rolling countryside to be found from inside and externally.
Immediate inspection will uncover the impressive stonework and dressings that make up the distinctive façade, all set under a pitched and slate roof and with an imposing bay projection to one side of the building. Accessed initially via a handy entrance porch, the internal accommodation beyond is best summarised as:-
-Reception hallway with staircase and under-stair cloakroom WC
-Bay windowed lounge with feature fireplace and original cornicework
-Sitting room with inset woodburning stove laid to hardwood flooring
-Formal dining room laid to hardwood flooring
-Sizeable dining kitchen with AGA as focal point
-Utility room off
-Master bedroom with double aspect windows, views to the summit of Ben Lomond, wood burning stove
-Dressing Room and master en-suite with over size shower enclosure, roll top bath and wood burning stove
-Bedroom two with bay window and original fireplace
-Bedroom three with double aspect window
-Three-piece family bathroom
- Three further double bedrooms (all illuminated by Velux windows)
- Shower room with walk in enclosure
- Generous landing area
Externally, the property is set upon a nicely manicured, incredibly private garden plot of considerable size, with expanses of lawn marrying well with sections of hard landscaping. The aforementioned backdrop of established forestland provides the most magical of settings. Off street parking is in abundance, with a sweeping driveway laid to stone chips affording space for a multitude of vehicles.
Foresthill House, as previously mentioned, enjoys a central location for access into the village of Aberfoyle, which offers local amenities, including shops that will, adequately, cater for every day needs and requirements. There is an excellent local primary school located on Lochard Road which has an excellent purpose-built nursery on site. Aberfoyle falls within the catchment for McLaren High School in Callander, for which a school bus leaves from the Village Centre, with the excellent facilities of Balfron High also within easy reach. Aberfoyle is well known for its natural scenic beauty, with Loch Lomond & the Trossachs National Park covering an area extending from Aberfoyle to Loch Lomond. Forest walks, riding and cycling trails are to be found nearby, with the village playpark and bicycle path providing great space for smaller children. Wild swimming, kayaking, and sailing all happen on Loch Ard (about 2 miles further out on Lochard Road). For those commuting for business, the A81 and A84 provide excellent links both to Glasgow and Stirling and, from here, to the main centres of business throughout the Central Belt of Scotland.
SAT NAV REF: FK8 3SZ
165 Milngavie Road
General Remarks and Information
By appointment through Rettie Bearsden,
165 Milngavie Road, Glasgow, Strathclyde, G61 3DY
Telephone 0141 943 3150
Fixtures and Fittings:
Only items specifically mentioned in the particulars of sale are included in the sale price.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co. A closing date by which offers must be submitted may be fixed later. Please note that interested parties are advised to register their interest with the selling agents in order that they may be advised should a closing date be set. The seller reserves the right to accept any offer at any time.
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.onthemarket.com, www.thelondonoffice.co.uk and www.rightmove.co.uk.
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves:
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Rettie Bearsden, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
- They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
- Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. Any rooms with coombed ceilings will be measured at floor level and the text will reflect the nature of the ceilings. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or mis-statement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
- All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.